DUO is a significant employer in the ACT region, with over 380 office and frontline workers delivering vital services to our local community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
Our staff possess a wide array of skills, qualifications and experience, and come from a diverse range of different families, backgrounds, cultures and religions. We also have a variety of interests, abilities and work and learning styles.
All staff are provided with a range of training and professional development opportunities throughout their tenure with DUO in keeping with our philosophy of having an informed workforce, focused on best practice principles.
In addition to the annual Australian Federal Police check, all DUO personnel have undergone a Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) background check, and we are required to carry our cards on our person at all times. This is especially reassuring to our customers when we visit them in their homes.
Our ACT Territory Director
Cheryl Pollard GAICD was appointed as DUO's inaugural Chief Executive in July 2013, bringing extensive leadership and management experience and skills in the NFP sector to lead the organisation through the fundamental reforms of the NDIS and My Aged Care.
Her experience also includes:
- Board member, National Disability Services
- Chair, National Disability Services ACT
- Board Member, National Respite Association
- Committee Member, ACT Electoral Commission Disability Advisory Committee
- Committee Member, Women with Disabilities Crisis Services Scheme
- Committee Member, Cricket Australia One Team Project – Leadership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect Working Group
- Committee Member, ACT Council of Social Services
- Committee Member, ACT Work Health Safety Council (previous)
On 1 July 2017, DUO officially merged with the Life Without Barriers (LWB) Group. While DUO remains its own legal entity (and services will continue to be delivered in the ACT through DUO), LWB Chief Executive Claire Robbs will be appointed DUO Chief Executive while Cheryl will continue as ACT Territory Director.
During the period between July 2013 to July 2017, the DUO Board governed with an emphasis on vision and strategic leadership.
We gratefully acknowledge the guidance, dedication and service from the former DUO Board of Directors:
- Patrick White (Board Chair)
- David Toole (Board Vice Chair)
- Catherine Argall PSM
- Leanne Elliot
- Karen Noble (Chair of Services Committee)
- Matt O’Brien CPA (Chair of Finance Committee)
- Nigel Phair (Chair of Governance Committee)
- Joan Ross
- Cath Sutton
- Mark Vergano
- Stephen Schmidt (Company Secretary)
The new DUO Board will be appointed at the first Board Meeting in July 2017.